[Zope] [OffTopic]Browser Specific Issue

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 08:00:37 -0400

apart from the issue whether file_name returns a string containing path
or name or a real file upload (which it should, if it does not your
form is buggy), IE mis-behaves (oh wonder) in revealing full paths
instead of just the file name.

if the form is done right you will get a HTTPFileUpload instance which
behaves like a python file. it has an attribute "filename" that
contains the name of the file. in IE, you get the full path, which is
wrong for most applications. in all other browsers you get just the
file name.

jens