[Zope] FTP access and ssh-Port-Forward

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:32:43 -0400

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 12:53:14PM -0700, sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:
> Most FTP clients (WS_FTP, Fetch, etc), though, support persisting a
> user-preference to do passive transfers (single, client-initiated TCP
> control socket; there is no data connnection),

Sure there is, it's just set up on a port chosen by the server
instead of chosen by the client.

> which is reported to do okay
> through SSH TCP socket tunnels, though I have never tested this to Zope...

I have not been able to get it to work through our firewall,
and some preliminary research is not encouraging: i get the feeling
it may not be possible through a firewall.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com