[Zope] [OffTopic]Browser Specific Issue

Shashank Ashtikar shashank@hbcse.tifr.res.in
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:53:47 +0530

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 08:00:37AM -0400, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
Hi,
> apart from the issue whether file_name returns a string containing path
> or name or a real file upload (which it should, if it does not your
> form is buggy), IE mis-behaves (oh wonder) in revealing full paths
> instead of just the file name.

Thought so it would be the case.

> if the form is done right you will get a HTTPFileUpload instance which
> behaves like a python file. it has an attribute "filename" that
> contains the name of the file. in IE, you get the full path, which is
> wrong for most applications. in all other browsers you get just the
> file name.

All that you are saying is new to me. I ve never worked on forms for
uplodaing the data. It seems the person who wrote the form originally
also did not understand these issues. Thats why the application
expects the entire path instead of a file.

So now I will need to rewrite the product a bit. Like instead of processing
file directly on the filesystem I should get it inside ZMI and process it there.
The application uses an External method for processing the file. So this should
not be a problem.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks to all of you.

Shashank