[Zope] TTW Edit Lost when there is a syntax error

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 22:48:28 -0700 (PDT)

I use vi with the external editor, but it has the same problem--if you
write and close and there is a syntax error, the changes are lost.  If I
keep the edit open, there is a copy and you can recover--but there's no
error information returned.

And yes, we are using DTML.  It with Python meets our needs very well.
And now we have legacy code, etc.

And the back button does not do the job--[back] takes you to the unedited
version.  The edits are lost :-(