[Zope] Squid vs Apache+mod_proxy+mod_gzip

Fred Yankowski fred@ontosys.com
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 10:17:47 -0500

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 08:55:56AM -0700, sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:
> Another logging option for Squid: we log with log_mime_headers on, which
> dumps a rather verbose log, but we filter this to combined format for later
> use and archival.

Interesting idea.  I just tried this briefly and I see how it would do
the job.  In my test case it logged about 8 times more data per GET
than without 'log_mime_headers'.

As someone else asked, could you share your script for converting that
data into combined log format as expected by log analyzers?  It looks
like a simple Perl script would do the job, extracting referrer and
user-agent data when available from the corresponding headers.  Are
there any tricks to that?

--
Fred Yankowski      fred@ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc	    PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370