[Zope] Squid vs Apache+mod_proxy+mod_gzip

Fred Yankowski fred@ontosys.com
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 16:55:14 -0500

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 12:33:28AM +0200, PieterB wrote:
> No tricks, because each line in access/referer/agent file corresponds to
> the same hit. You can just use concatenate the fields together.

Indeed, looks trivial.  I've set things up to use the simple perl
script mentioned earlier today to convert the 'log_mime_hdrs' log
entries to common format.  I think Squid also needs to be configured
with 'emulate_httpd_log on' for that particular script to work.

> I noticed I had a newer version of the perl-script I sent to awstats
> contrib.  It's available at
> http://gewis.nl/~pieterb/zope/access_referer_agent2_combined.v0.96.pl.txt
>
> I used it for Lotus Notes, but I guess it can easily be used for Squid
> as well...

That script seems to assume that every entry in access.log has a
corresponding entry in referer.log and useragent.log, so that merging
can be done simply line by line.  In my experience, squid only adds a
line to referer.log when there is a Referer header in the HTTP
request, so many access.log lines have no corresponding referer.log
line.

--
Fred Yankowski      fred@ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc	    PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370