[Zope] stripping .html ending in an id

Chris Beaven chris@d-designz.co.nz
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:13:12 +1200

Ok, I better clarify that a bit. Sorry for the rather abrupt reply, I
didn't read that you were new to Zope... I also missed the fact that you
wanted to capitalise it...

First things first, don't use the old old format <!--#var something-->
any more! <dtml-var something> does the same thing and is the accepted
form now.
You can call my script like this: <dtml-var expr="niceid(id)"
capitalize> (the expr="" is so that it knows you're talking Python. You
don't actually *need* the expr=, just the quotes but it helps clarify
when you are using python or just dtml if you stick the expr= on. Was
that confusing? Let me explain with an example:)
<dtml-var a-variable> will return the value in a variable called
"a-variable"
<dtml-var expr="a-variable"> uses python to figuire out what you meant -
will return the value in "a" minus the value in "variable"

Next, you could actually just use the "title" field and manually put in
a more appropriate title for each page rather than use my poor script
;). Call it with a nifty method <dtml-var title_or_id> which will revert
back to the id if there is no title.

There is no attribute in dtml-var that can do _title_ capitalization
unfortunately. Here's a newer and better script (no where near the best
it could be but should suffice for you) that I just wrote up. It does
the extention stripping, spacifying and title capitalizing now:

## Script (Python) "niceid"
##bind container=container
##bind context=context
##bind namespace=
##bind script=script
##bind subpath=traverse_subpath
##parameters=id
##title=
##
# strip the extention
dot = id.rfind('.')
if dot != -1:
  id = id[:dot]

# turn underscores into spaces
id = id.replace('_', ' ')

# title capitalization
alphabet = list('abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz')
caps = 1
oldid = id
id = ''
for i in range(len(oldid)):