[Zope] Mathematics, fortran an zope

A.J. Rossini rossini@u.washington.edu
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:56:20 -0700

Dennis Allison <allison@sumeru.stanford.edu> writes:

> On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, [iso-8859-1] Børge Kjeldstad wrote:
>
>> Qeustion 1:
>> Say I had som program (written in for instance fortran),
>> that did som advanced calculations (like for instance
>> calculating the resistance of a ship hull in water);
>>
>> Would I then be able to use zope to make som web
>> interface to this fortran program?
>>
>> Question 2:
>> I know it is possible to do mathematics with python.
>> But is it also easy to combine zope with more specialized
>> math programs like for instance Matlab?

There has been some work to integrate Zope with R (an opensource
statistical analysis programming language which is quite
sophisticated).

See:

        http://software.biostat.washington.edu/statsoft/snake/RSessionDA

for an approach which treats R as a dynamic database adaptor.

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini  /  rossini@u.washington.edu  /  rossini@scharp.org
Biomedical/Health Informatics and Biostatistics, University of Washington.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments may be
confidential and privileged. If you received this message in error,
please destroy it and notify the sender. Thank you.