[Zope] Large virtual hosting solution

Eron Lloyd elloyd@lancaster.lib.pa.us
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 17:19:26 -0400

Hello all,

I'm in the process of developing a massive state-wide solution using Zope. I
have almost 70 organizations with the same Web application needs, and was
thinking about using one Zope machine to do virtual hosting to each of the
individual accounts. Each account would be an instance of a custom product
I'm working on (and will release the source once I'm done if anyone is
interested), which will have to be customized to each group. All instances
would have their own subdomains, and could map to a top level domain if they
choose. Much of the back-end will rely on MySQL, with a database for each
instance. Is it possible to develop a product like this in such a way that I
can globally update the product code and have each instance get those
changes? I've never attempted anything of this scale before...I imagine I'd
need to produce a Web farm of ZEO clusters and sit it behind Squid or Pound
as well. Any suggestions? Anyone know of a Zope hosting solution that could
do something like this (granted, on a very tight budget).

Thanks!!

Eron

--
Eron Lloyd