[Zope] Zope feature list

PieterB PieterB <pieterb@gewis.nl>
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:18:55 +0200 (CEST)

I'm currently working on updating the FreeBSD port for Zope/Plone. The
list of features that was referenced in the FreeBSD port was outdated
(references to a non-existing zope.org:8080 URL). Here is the old list:

Database Integration                    Content Management
        SQL and HTML in Harmony                 Builtin Objects
        Multiple Data Sources                   Document Templates
        Publish Databases               Web to Objects
Application Development                         Integrated Object Database
        DTML Scripting                          Managed Through the Web
        External Methods                        Direct URL Access to Objects

Please help me to improve this list. What features should definitly
be mentioned (e.g. zope page templates, web dav support, products
such as plone, ...).

I was surprised I couldn't find an elaborate feature overview on
zope.org or zope.com. Am I missing something here? The only info I
could find was the http://www.zope.org/WhatIsZope and a pdffile on
http://www.zope.com/Products/AboutZope

Pieter