[Zope] import error

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 23:30:57 +0200

Michael Long wrote at 2003-6-14 15:39 -0400:
 > I have exported a section of my site using the zmi export function. When
 > I try to import this site into a fresh installation of zope I get the
 > following error:
 > 	Error Type:Bad Request
 > 	Error Value:The id "Catalog" is invalid--it is already in use.
 >
 > I have double and triple checked and there is not an id "Catalog"
 > anywhere to be found. I then tried importing it in a new folder back
 > onto the machine from which it was exported and get the same message.
 >
 > What is does this message mean?

I know this problem when objects are created in "manage_afterAdd".

  Object creation in "manage_afterAdd" succeeds when the object
  is created. However, it fails for "copy/import" and potentially
  for "move" as the object was already created by the "copy".
  "manage_afterAdd" can not create the object as it is already there.

Looking at the traceback should give you enough information
to verify whether this is your problem. In the future,
please include the traceback (in addition to the "Error Type",
"Error Value").

Dieter