[Zope] how to open a file out of Zope and write into it?

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:32:39 +0200

On  Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:01:01 +0300 GMT (..17:01 where i live(GMT+2) )

> hello everyone!

> I want to open a file out of Zope and write something into it,and I
> have done one program Python, but the error message is: global name
> 'open' is not defined. I don't known why. would you please help me?
> thank you!

> this is my program python

> request = container.REQUEST
> RESPONSE =  request.RESPONSE
>

> fd=open('c:/file.txt', 'w')
> fd.write('hello')
>
> fd.close()

If you try doing this in a script(python) it will fail. The
through-the-web-scripts are restricted security-wise.

You need to use an external method to modify files on the filesystem

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ScriptingZope=
.stx

--
Geir Bækholt