[Zope] Integrate with existing http server

Kevin Rattai kevin@uveais.ca
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:02:28 -0500

On 18 Jun 2003 at 22:36, Andy McKay wrote:

> Kevin Rattai wrote:
> > Anyone?  Maybe pcgi is not the way to go?  Are there any other
> > options for Windows, non-apache?
>
> IIS? http://www.zope.org/Members/andym

I absolutely prefer, and in some ways am locked in, to use
OmniHTTPd.  I have looked into Apache as an alternative, but my
needs can't justify the time required to figure out the configuration file.
And I haven't found a nice configuration tool that's Open Source / free
that runs on Windows.  IIS is simply not an option.

What about FastCGI?  There's an ISAPI module that is supposed to
work for IIS and Zope.  Maybe I can get it to integrate with Omni.  I just
can't find a good reference on it's configuration/integration with IIS.

Otherwise, though I'd rather not, I have to just live with Zserver (not
that it's a terrible thing), but then I have to leave it on an alternate port.
And either try integrating it as frames into an existing site, or use a re-
director.

If I decide to work with Zope, is there any way to use Zserver with a
multiple domain type of configuration, or would I be able to run multiple
instances of Zserver on different ports?

thanks,

Kevin