[Zope] how to use LocalFS to expose F/S directory?

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:26:08 -0500

>Have installed (I think) LocalFS but don't understand how to expose a
>
>directory such as /tmp/foo within the zope URL hierarchy. I expected
>to see a new file type "LocalFS portal" or something in the "Add"
>pulldown menu.
>
>I read a message from ~a year ago by Johnathan, the LocalFS author,
>saying it wasn't being kept up to date.
>
>Please advise or point me to docs - the sourceforge and zope.org
>pages have no examples, and I'm not sure it's working properly.

I don't know what the "LocalFS portal" business is about. Maybe it's
some derivative of LocalFS? My installation of LocalFS puts a "Local
File System" product in the add list, and when I try to add one asks
simply for name, title, and base path. Works exactly as expected.

I might, for instance, say

id: monkeybutter
title: The directory containing monkeys and butter. Fun!
base path: /tmp/foo

and magically I could retrieve the file '/tmp/foo/monkey' as
'http://localhost:8080/monkeybutter/monkey'

       --jcc