[Zope] Zope behind Apache

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:24:27 +0200

Hi Robert,

Fejes Róbert wrote:
> Hi!
>

>>Assuming Apache runs on the same machine as Zope: start Zope with '-a
>>127.0.0.1'. See z2.py for documentation. This can be set in 'zope.conf'.
>
> Yes, Apache and Zope runs on the same PC.
> I checked z2.py, yet I do not know how to modify the following
> /etc/httpd/zope.conf:
>
> RewriteEngine on
>
> # Keep users' home dirs handled by Apache
> <IfDefine ZopeKeepHomes>
>  RewriteRule ^/~(.*) /~$1 [l,pt]
> </IfDefine>
>
> # and finally Zope redirection
> <Directory /opt/zope/>
>     Options +ExecCGI
> </Directory>
> RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
> RewriteRule ^(.*) /opt/zope/Zope.cgi$1
> [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
>
> It is all Greek to me.
> Thank you very much in advance.

This may sound a bit harsh, but beside there are legions of
people doing so, you should not run a public
accessible server with such less knowledge.

Without understanding whats going on and how to find
out, you may and probably will cause trouble for
yourself and for others in future. Its not so
hard for web servers, but who knows what else is
running on your host.

What should you do? Either try to get one who
is responsible for administrative tasks of
your site if this is work-related.
Or carefully read documentation related
to the software you are running.
There is decent documentation for Apache
and for many other software you might be running.
Nobody can do this for you, I'm sorry.

You can of course get help on details of
software you cant gasp. People here and
in many mailing lists will be very helpful
since this is all hard stuff sometimes.

But the most basic stuff has to be done
by you.

Keep care