[Zope] Sharing session information between domains

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
24 Jun 2003 13:28:26 -0700

I set up something like this that consisted of a two-way secure
conversation.  If we label the public server X and the secure server Y:

1. X prepares Y for client, shares some kind of token and/or cart id.
2. Client visits Y using specially constructed URL, token, etc.
3. Y retrieves cart securely from X each time data is needed.
4. Billing data entered into Y stays on Y
5. Y SSL-posts to X which items to mark as purchased.

There are probably other ways to do this, but the above can be
implemented pretty easily with external methods and a crypto library.

HTH,

Dylan