[Zope] Help pages done with zpt

Fernando Martins fmartins@hetnet.nl
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:23:24 +0200

From: Andreas Jung [mailto:andreas@andreas-jung.com]
> --On Dienstag, 24. Juni 2003 0:12 Uhr +0200 Fernando Martins
> <fmartins@hetnet.nl> wrote:
>
> > In the Zope book (Extending zope), an Help Topic is created
> using DTML. I
> > don't see in no place of the ZMI a way to indicate this Help Topic is
> > being done with a Page Template.
> >
> > Are there any plans to have Help Topics supporting Page Templates?
>
>  I don't think so - except you have resources and volunteer to fix this
> issue :-)

In theory, it should not be difficult, but I've no knowledge of Zope
internals. Still, I had a look at the HelpSys and I've a general idea on how
to proceed. I believe I could spare enough time for it. The main questions
are:

- is it interesting for Zope? (most products seem to use stx)
- is support in zope-dev as good as in this list? (I can already see some
pretty basic questions)
- what's the procedure for patch acceptance?

Bye,
Fernando