[Zope] Zope - SOAP service access...

Edward Muller edwardam@interlix.com
24 Jun 2003 23:34:59 -0500

install SOAPpy in your python path. make sure you can use it normally
via a script.

Create a mini script to do what you want using the following format:

filename: /<zope root>/Extensions/<xyz>.py
Contents:

import SOAPpy
#or however SOAPpy should be imported

def <function name>():
  ..python code that does something with SOAPpy..
  return ..python code that returns something..

stuff in <> fill out yourself..removing the <>.. :-)

In zope create an external method, give it whatever ID you want and
whatever Title you want. The Module name will be whatever you used for
<xvy> and the Function name will be whatever you used for <function
name>.

Now you can "call" the external method from anywhere ... I usually use
the URL to test ... so if you named your function "soapy" and it's in
your zope root you would access it at http://127.0.0.1:8080/soapy ...
Assuming zope is listening on 127.0.0.1:8080 :-)

Hope that helps