[Zope] Zope behind Apache

Fejes Róbert pouch@freemail.hu
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:00:24 +0200

Hi Tino!

> > I checked z2.py, yet I do not know how to modify the following
> > /etc/httpd/zope.conf:
> > It is all Greek to me.

> This may sound a bit harsh, but beside there are legions of
> people doing so, you should not run a public
> accessible server with such less knowledge.
> Without understanding whats going on and how to find
> out, you may and probably will cause trouble for
> yourself and for others in future. Its not so
> hard for web servers, but who knows what else is
> running on your host.
I myself definitely agree with you, as a wrong configuration can do more harm,
than good. I may add, however, this is not a public accessible server.

> What should you do? Either try to get one who
> is responsible for administrative tasks of
> your site if this is work-related.
No, it is not work related at all. It is a standalone Linux pc (Apache, Zope,
...) with a Virtual XP client (VMware) on it for testing purposes only.

> Or carefully read documentation related
> to the software you are running.
> There is decent documentation for Apache
> and for many other software you might be running.
> Nobody can do this for you, I'm sorry.
Naturally, as in this case, I've read the fine manual first, although I have
not found what I was looking for.

> You can of course get help on details of
> software you cant gasp. People here and
> in many mailing lists will be very helpful
> since this is all hard stuff sometimes.
That is why, I wrote my 1st e-mail. I have expected people would give me some
advice. There are plenty of docs related with Zope and Apache, yet I have not
found the one I badly need. Any suggestions, then? I do love reading ...

> But the most basic stuff has to be done by you.
As it has been done before.

> Keep care
I try.

--