[Zope] Help! Site Error, can't access anything and site is down!

Andrew R. Halko ahalko@insivia.com
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:27:22 -0400

I got an error out of the blue.  It says that Zope is running but I have
the following error in the browser and can't access anything at all:

Site Error

Error Type: NameError
Error Value: global name 'request' is not defined

--------

Troubleshooting Suggestions

This resource may be trying to reference a nonexistent object or
variable global name 'request' is not defined.
The URL may be incorrect.
The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.
For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the HTML
source for this page.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for
your patience.

I also looked at my stupid.log and found this error in startup:

2003-06-26T15:17:12 PANIC(300) z2 Startup exception
Traceback (innermost last):
  File D:\site1\Plone\Zope\z2.py, line 582, in ?
  File C:\Program Files\Plone\Zope\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 46,
in startup
    (Object: startup)
  File C:\Program Files\Plone\Zope\lib\python\Zope\App\startup.py, line
54, in startup
  File D:\site1\Plone\Data\custom_zodb.py, line 21, in ?
  File D:\Plone\Zope\lib\python\Products\DBTab\DBTab.py, line 322, in
getDatabase
  File D:\Plone\Zope\lib\python\Products\DBTab\DBTab.py, line 340, in
_createDatabase
  File D:\Plone\Zope\lib\python\Products\DBTab\DBTab.py, line 220, in
create
  File C:\Program Files\Plone\Zope\lib\python\ZODB\FileStorage.py, line
226, in __init__
  File C:\Program Files\Plone\Zope\lib\python\ZODB\lock_file.py, line
51, in lock_file
StorageSystemError: Could not lock the database file.  There must be
another process that has opened the file.
------
2003-06-26T15:17:44 PROBLEM(100) ZServer unhandled connect event

Please Help!  Everything is down.

Andrew R. Halko