[Zope] Weird Problem with Script(Python)

Andreas Pakulat ap125@informatik.uni-rostock.de
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 02:44:00 +0200

On 27.Jun 2003 - 00:40:43, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote at 2003-6-25 00:33 +0200:
>  > I've got a Script(Python) which is a method of a ZClass, now if I call
>  > this script using an instance of the ZClass I get:
>  >
>  > Error Type: IndexError
>  > Error Value: string index out of range
>  > ...
>  > How can I track down this problem?
>
> Always!
>
>    When you get an exception, you analyse the traceback...
>    It tells you where the exception has been raised.
>
>    When you do not understand the traceback, you post it together with
>    your problem report.

I found the error, in the error_log in /, but I had to do a restart of
the server and then redo what led to the error. These Error's were not
in the error_log in the first place and I did not had the stdout/stderr
of the start-script written into a logfile.

Andreas

--
You need more time; and you probably always will.