[Zope] Exporting zodb data (Urgent)

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:15:38 -0400

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 01:13:39AM +0530, Sukhwinder Singh wrote:
> I have tried to read whatever I could in last two days. But there is not
> much information available on net about zodb.
> I have used and explored zope management interface. I also read the zope
> developers guide. There is not much information about how zope stores
> objects in zodb and how to access those objects.

It's generally used as a black box.
Zope developers typically don't interact directly with the ZODB the way that
a java developer might with an RDBMs. The low-level storage details
are mostly automatic, and therefore irrelevant to your needs.

> Other documentation provide
> information about storing data and then retrieving that data. No
> documentation is available about how to retrieve already stored data about
> which I don't have any prior knowledge.

Explore some instances in the ZMI and if that's not enough, Use The Source.

> As in java, ide's use introspection
> to determine what are fields and methods of a object (bean). Other DBMS also
> allow us to determine how many tables etc. are there in database. But how do
> I do that with zope and zodb?

by exploring in the ZMI, by using the source if you want to know how an
object REALLY works, and / or by using the interactive debugger to
explore things.
http://www.zope.org/Members/klm/ZopeDebugging/ConversingWithZope

--

Paul Winkler