[Zope] restoring deleted data

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 11:19:04 -0800 (PST)

If everything was deleted, there's not much that can be done.  Perhaps you
can get the SysAdmin to restore the site from backups.  All you really
need (assuming you are doing nothing fancy) is Data.fs, the object
oriented database that contains all Zope persistent objects.  Reinstall
Zope and any Products you are using, put Data.fs in the var directory, and
you should be in business again.  If you used any Python extensions,
you'll have to recover them from backups as well.