[Zope] dtml files in dtml files? getting frames to work on a simple Product

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 14:45:34 -0800

At 02:05 PM 3/3/2003, sameer chaudhry wrote:
>I am trying to write a simple web based chat server Product.  The
>interface is simple with a frame for entering text, and another frame for
>viewing the chat so far.  My problem is that in a dtml file, I put links
>to two other dtml files (those being the two frames), and the frames don't
>show up.  How can I make this work?

There's no reason this shouldn't work if you're setting up frames correctly
in HTML.

For example, say you had something like this as your index_html:

<frameset rows="*,75">
    <frame src=http://server/path/content_method>
    <frame src=http://server/path/footer_method>
</frameset>

If you have dtml methods called content_method and footer_method at the
path specified, it should work fine.

If your problem is targeting frames with your links, look into the
name="foo" attribute of <frame> or the target="foo" attribute of <a>.

If that's not what you're doing or there is some fancier intention at work,
it's tough to say what's going wrong unless you post your code and/or some
details on what problems and/or errors you're seeing.

Dylan