[Zope] Zope Installation Problems

Sheppard Norfleet shepnorfleet@comcast.net
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 20:29:19 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_1dnBcXE5TE9dkF6O9V/IBQ)

I am using Rad Hat Linux 7.x.  which comes with python 2.2 not the problem.  I have Zope that has a python 2.1 one with it.  when I try to build w_pcgi.py using the python that comes with zope, I get compile errors when trying to build the exception modules, the last message has a message like "I and PICKY raiseError"

There are a ton of warning and a few errors sprinkled in a compiler output (or at least it looks like that).

Anyway I have been working at this installation for about a week, I have tried a source install and binary install.  No matter which way I go zope fails to build using the 2.1 python that comes with it.

Has anyone else had these problems?  Trying to run Zope like this:
bin/python z2.py -p /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/zope.pcgi

all I get in return is a new bash prompt wiht no warnings.  the log files are empty or don't exist.  Please help!

BTW, don't mean to knock mailing lists but wouldnt forums be a lot easier way to communicate?  Just a thought...

--Boundary_(ID_1dnBcXE5TE9dkF6O9V/IBQ)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I am using Rad Hat Linux 7.x.&nbsp; which comes
with python 2.2 not the problem.&nbsp; I have Zope that has a python 2.1 one
with it.&nbsp; when I try to build w_pcgi.py using the python that comes with
zope, I get compile errors when trying to build the exception modules, the last
message has a message like "I and PICKY raiseError"&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>There are a ton of warning and a few errors
sprinkled in a compiler output (or at least it looks like that).&nbsp;&nbsp;
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Anyway I have been working at this installation for
about a week, I have tried a source install and binary install.&nbsp; No matter
which way I go zope fails to build using the 2.1 python that comes with
it.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Has anyone else had these problems?&nbsp; Trying to
run Zope like this:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>bin/python z2.py -p
/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/zope.pcgi </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>all I get in return is a new bash prompt wiht no
warnings.&nbsp; the log files are empty or don't exist.&nbsp; Please
help!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>BTW, don't mean to knock mailing lists but wouldnt
forums be a lot easier way to communicate?&nbsp; Just a
thought...</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_1dnBcXE5TE9dkF6O9V/IBQ)--