[Zope] zope access to external files

baiewola@netscape.net baiewola@netscape.net
Tue, 04 Mar 2003 14:45:24 -0500

I can personally recommend LocalFS.

We do exactly what you want to do, using a combination of LocalFS and local roles. All the LocalFS objects are in one folder. The index to that folder checks if a user has the appropriate local role, and only the appropriate objects are displayed for each individual.

If you decide to implement this plan, we're happy to give you a copy of our index and the necessary python scripts. We have hundreds of LocalFS objects, so we spent some time constructing the index so the items appear in tabular format.