[Zope] zope crashes on first hit

Bill Seitz fluxent@yahoo.com
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 08:07:22 -0800 (PST)

Well, there's certainly space for them.

How can I test whether the process can create/write
them, without being able to do any through-the-web
management?

I just hit/crashed the zope process. Now here's the
list of files modified in the last 14 days:

data.fs      Mar3 13MB
Z2.pid       Mar4 1k
data.fs.tmp  Mar5 0k
data.fs.lock Mar5 1k

Strangely, z2.log (480kb) says last mod Jan7. But if I
look at its contents in a text editor, I see at the
end:
* hits from Feb5
* then 292 NULL bytes
* then 40 lines of DTML (starts and stops in the
middle of lines, not clean) from a page that I was
working which was broken and never got around to
fixing

Should I delete any of these files and start again?