[Zope] Problem with Linux installation

Yannis Lionis j_melt@yahoo.com
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 04:45:55 -0800 (PST)

--0-1181345480-1046954755=:71292

Hi everybody.

I'm attempting to install Zope 2.6.1 on Mandrake Linux version 9. I read the documentation and followed the instructions: unziped the files, run ./install, wrote down the login and password, set the sticky bit of /var and changed the owner of var to root (since I was installing as root), and used the ./zpasswd.py script to change the password to something more convenient, leaving the login name to 'admin'. Trouble starts here: The SETUPUID.TXT document file says I need to set the UID either in the ./z2.py, or in the ./start command line. I cannot do either! I tried the first option and typed:

./z2py -u admin

What I got was the help list and at the bottom the following error messages:

./z2py: line 239: syntaxerror near unexpected token ' 0,'

./z2py: line 239: '      sys.path.insert(0,'%s/lib/python'%swhome)'

So I thought I'd try the second option. I typed:

./start.py -u admin

The process seemed to go fine (opened datanbase, mounted database, etc.) but a few seconds later I got a message:

ERROR(200) z2 Can't find UID admin

After experimenting a bit, I noticed that when I run ./start it deletes the 'inituser' file at some point during opening and mounting the database (as it appears anyway). So a few seconds later it looks for admin and finds nothing.

Am I doing something wrong here? I have successfully done the whole thing in Windows 2000 (which of course is a different story, but still) and I can't find anything in the documentation that I'm doing wrong. I downloaded the zip file again and did the whole thing from the beginning and it made no difference, so it is not a corrupted file or anything like that. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks!

Yannis

P.S: And sorry for the huge email, I just thought that nobody can really help unless they have some details...

--0-1181345480-1046954755=:71292

<P>Hi everybody.</P>
<P>I'm attempting to install Zope 2.6.1 on Mandrake Linux version 9. I read the documentation and followed the instructions: unziped the files, run ./install, wrote down the login and password, set the sticky bit of /var and changed the owner of var to root (since I was installing as root), and used the ./zpasswd.py script to change the password to something more convenient, leaving the login name to 'admin'. Trouble starts here: The SETUPUID.TXT document file says I need to set the UID either in the ./z2.py, or in the ./start command line. I cannot do either! I tried the first option and typed:</P>
<P>./z2py -u admin</P>
<P>What I got was the help list and at the bottom the following error messages:</P>
<P>./z2py: line 239: syntaxerror near unexpected token ' 0,'</P>
<P>./z2py: line 239: '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; sys.path.insert(0,'%s/lib/python'%swhome)'</P>
<P>So I thought I'd try the second option. I typed:</P>
<P>./start.py -u admin</P>
<P>The process seemed to go fine (opened datanbase, mounted database, etc.) but a few seconds later I got a message:</P>
<P>ERROR(200) z2 Can't find UID admin</P>
<P>After experimenting a bit, I noticed that when I run ./start it deletes the 'inituser' file at some point during opening and mounting the database (as it appears anyway). So a few seconds later it looks for admin and finds nothing.</P>
<P>Am I doing something wrong here? I have successfully done the whole thing in Windows 2000 (which of course is a different story, but still) and I can't find anything in the documentation that I'm doing wrong. I downloaded the zip file again and did the whole thing from the beginning and it made no difference, so it is not a corrupted file or anything like that. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks!</P>
<P>Yannis</P>
--0-1181345480-1046954755=:71292--