[Zope] Can I choose my python installation?

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 09:50:44 -0800

Your platform makes this hard, as Zope has modules written in C that =
need to
be compiled against the specific version of Python you are using.  Ho=
wever,
if you are using Python 2.1.3 in both cases, it may work without a
recompile.  Usually in this case, the worst thing that could happen i=
s a
warning that the Python C Module API versions mismatch.

Even if this does work, I'm not sure what the mechanics of doing this=
 on
Windows are (I suppose this may be difficult and tedious, and require=
 you to
know what you are doing).

If you have Visual C++, you might just want to compile Zope from sour=
ce
against the Python version you installed.

Sean