[Zope] Calling DTML document from a string/query

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 21:03:19 +0100

Jan Ma=1B-B=B9ka wrote at 2003-3-6 13:53 +0100:=1B-A
 > Though it may seem as a stupid question, it's rather important (at lea=
st for
 > me)..
 > How to create a DTML document pointer (<dtml-var required_document>) f=
rom a
 > string?
 > Let's see this example:
 >  www.mydomain.com/somepath/index?read=3D20030220
 >=20
 > What I need is that the index at somepath opens another document calle=
 > '20030220' and prints it's contents, like in this case:
 > =3D=3Dindex=3D=3D
 > <dtml-var standard_html_header>
 > <dtml-var "20030220">
 > <dtml-var standard_html_footer>
 > =3D=3D=3Dend=3D=3D=3D
 > only I want to be able to define this dynamically based on the user qu=
eries.
 >=20
 > If you can give any hints, it would really be helpful.

Please read

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html>

You are interested in "computed variable access", especially
"_[expression]" and "_.getitem(expression)".

Dieter