[Zope] XML

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 12:49:02 -0800

Download and use ParsedXML product (v. 1.3+), which created persistent DOM
documents; use standard DOM API to access, traverse, read, and write data
from these documents.  This will require that you have the PyXML package
installed for the version of python you are using to run Zope in your linux
distro (http://pyxml.sf.net).  Note: PyXML is used to provide the pyexpat
parser interface to the expat parser, included.

You might also be able to parse your document without storing it in Zope
without even using ParsedXML (it sounds like this is what you want to do?).
If this is what you are looking to do, use the PyDOM dom implementation that
comes with PyXML, and write a parsing script in a Python module; then write
an external method that uses that module.  This should be pretty easy.

Get a copy of the book Python & XML by Jones and Drake (O'Reilly, 2002).
Also, there is a Parsed-XML-Dev mailing list and a zope-xml list, both on
zope.org.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: D. Rick Anderson [mailto:ruger@acsnv.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 12:09 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] XML

What is the best way to parse XML with Zope? I've been digging all over
the site, and the docs there keep talking about adding an XML Document,
but that option doesn't exist on my Zope server (2.6.0 on RH 8.0) and I
can't find anything indicating that there needs to be a product
installed.

Simply put, I want to be able to grab an XML document with webclient()
and be able to parse the contents of the XML using DTML.

TIA

Rick