[Zope] Can I choose my python installation?

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:20:10 -0800

> If I have python installed on my PC, can I use that installation instead of
> that installed with Zope?  The reason is that I am having trouble installing
> the win32 library for python on the Zope python instance.  It fails to load
> pywise32.dll(?).  I'm using a Win98 machine.

I've never heard of pywise32.dll, what is that?

Anyway install the python version you want (eg from Python.org or from
ActiveState) and edit start.bat (or the registry settings if its a
service and replace the bit that says "python" with your python).

Its easy and you don't need to build anything unless you want to.
--
   Andy McKay