[Zope] standard_error_message frustrations

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 18:37:07 -0800

At 06:24 PM 3/6/2003, Cameron Laird wrote:
>That is, even if standard_error_message contains,
>for example, some minimally short text, clients will still see the
>initial "Site Error ..." and trailing "Troubleshooting suggestions ..."?
>There's no way to eliminate those?
>
>I'm surprised I don't find more in the archives about standard_error_message.
>I conclude either:
>1.  other developers don't find exception-handling
>     as important as I regard it; or
>2.  I don't understand how to search the archives
>     properly; or
>3.  both.

Or:

4. You didn't realize it some of this is dependent on something other than
standard_error_message, namely debug mode.

Remove the -D argument from your start script.

Also check out:
http://www.zope.org/Members/JohnC/StandardErrorMessage

HTH

Dylan