[Zope] COMObject product question

Micheál Healy michael.healy@engitech.ie
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 17:10:04 -0000

Hi,

Has anybody used the COMObject product package much?  I have been trying on
and off to put data into an existing Excel template and display the result
within the browser.  I can do it using an external method to populate the
spreadsheet and save it, then using the LocalFS product to retrieve the file
and return it to the browser.

This is all fine, but I was wondering if there wasn't a better way.  Does
anyone know if it's possible to return the Excel file to Zope as a COM
object (without having to save the file to the local filesystem of the
server) and just sent it to the browser as binary content, setting the
content type.  Does the COMObject product work like this?

Thanks,

Micheál

Micheál Healy
Engitech Ltd.