[Zope] secure ftp

Steve McMahon steve@reidmcmahon.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:21:32 -0800

It's worth noting that this strategy works to encrypt the control
channel (which is where passwords travel), but not the data channel
(through with file transfers pass). That's good enough for me, as my
worry is passwords, but not good enough if your content is confidential.

sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:
> An ssh tunnel makes sense, as long as your FTP client is set to passive
> transfers mode for talking to Zope through it.

Steve McMahon
Reid-McMahon, LLC
steve@reidmcmahon.com
steve@dcn.org