[Zope] Best way to run multiple sites in one Server

Oliver Marx Oliver@tekk.dk
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:22:27 +0100

Mico Siahaan wrote:
> Well, it's a sys admin newbie question ;)
>
> I have just been handed over a server with some sites in it (not many :)
> ). I wonder what is the best way to run multiple sites on one computer?
>
> I heard some ways: multiple zope server running in simultaneously, using
> virtual monster, using PCGI, using Fast CGI. What are pros and cons for
> each way? What is the best way to run multiple zope sites in one
> computer? Are there any reading materials I can read about this matter?
> (I think the old Zope Administrator Guide is not enough :) )
>
> Thanks for your help.

There is no "best way".
It all depends on what you want to host.

We prefer one-site=one-zope-instance, but that will in most situations
be equivalent to shooting birds with canons.

We prefer Apache, mod_rewrite frontend and Zope + virtual host monster.
Try to avoid CGI - it is IMHO slow.

\Oliver

--
Direktør / Managing Director