[Zope] DHTML Popup menu bar built from content

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:25:38 -0800

At 09:56 AM 3/12/2003, Gilles Lenfant wrote:
>I have deeply tried to build a DHTML/Javascript menu bar based on the Zope
>content rather than having a fixed (hard coded in javascript) menu content.

OK....

>Have some of you experiences in building such stuffs ?

Sure.

>Thanks in advance for your tips

My best advice is to code up a static version first.  Test that it works
outside of Zope before bothering to make it dynamic.  All Zope does (or
should do) is insert values at different points in your CSS or JavaScript
code.  The difficult part here is getting the DHTML code right... once
you've got that refined, Zope will happily serve it up for you and swap
stuff in or out as required.

HTH,

Dylan