[Zope] ZCatalog and phrase searching

Chris Humphries chumphries@devis.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:18:25 -0500

hello all,
	question is about how exactly zcatalog does phrase
  searching. from going thru the source, i am having a heck
  of a time trying to find where it actually does something
  with the search string (so i can tell how it uses it to
  search).
	the problem is that there is a requirement to be able
  to search for "string exactly like this", and we are using
  zcatalog to search over our zope content objects. now from
  how it is now, i am uncertian that if 1) zcatalog can do that
  and 2) if it can, how?. it seems to search for "string" AND
  "exactly" AND "like" AND "this" when that is not the desired
  behavior. we want it to be 4 words treated as one entity to
  search on, and not 4 seperate entities.
	if i have communicated well enough across, can you tell
  me if this is possible with zcatalog, and if so how do i do
  it?

thanks,
chris