[Zope] zope process goes to sleep

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:23:58 -0800

Hi,

We have Zope 2.6.1 (upgraded) running behind Apache 2.0 on a Redhat 8
dual processor machine with Py 2.1.3. Its been live for quite a few days.

Now every night at around 3-5 AM the server sort of stops responding. A
ps -ax still shows the process running, and a ping to port 8080 on the
machine returns a valid response, just that the server doesnt respond
and Apache returns a proxy error.

Also before that happens the apache logs show that there are not hits
for quite some time.
Once I restart the zope process everything sworks fine then.

Any ideas as to what might be causing that? Has anybody seen that before?/

My start script:

#! /bin/sh

umask 077

export INSTANCE_HOME="/var/local/zope"
export ZSYSLOG="/dev/log"
export EVENT_LOG_FILE="/var/log/zope/Zope.log"

cd $INSTANCE_HOME
/usr/bin/env bin/python $INSTANCE_HOME/z2.py \
        -D \
        -Z1 \
        -C \
        -t 20 \
        -z /var/local/zope \
        -u zope \
        -X \
        -a 192.168.10.172 \
        -P 8000 \
        -m - \
        -p - \
        -f - \
        -M /var/log/zope/detailed.txt \
        -l /var/log/zope/zserver.txt

TIA
AM

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes