[Zope] Error Messages

Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:42:00 -0500

Rick,

Heh, I'm expriencing the same problem ... No more tracebacks, even in debug
mode.

I looked at the CHANGES.txt file, and didn't see anything mentionned about
any changes in that behavior ...

I've adjusted my standard_error_message for now to explicitely print the
traceback, but now it appears in plain sight, not hidden in the page code :(

I'm only developping/migrating right now, but this is one question I was
going to ask later on :)

J.F.

-----Original Message-----
From: D. Rick Anderson [mailto:ruger@comnett.net]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 1:02 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Error Messages

A little while ago I upgraded our Zope servers to 2.6.0, and ever since
then they stopped printing the entire error text when something
happened. All I get now is the Error Type, Error Value and the little
Troubleshooting Suggestions, but I have no idea what caused the error.

I saw something earlier about the -D switch so I made sure that it was
on in the 'start' script:

exec /usr/local/Zope/bin/python $cwd/z2.py -D "$@"

It wasn't a big deal until just recently when I started developing
again. Things are bombing as they always do, but I'm having to guess at
what's causing it.

TIA

Rick