Wrong server in URL (was: Re: [Zope] (no subject))

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 23:04:24 +0100

You should provide a useful subject....

Michael Havard wrote at 2003-3-13 17:15 +0000:
 > having a problem getting the absolute_url or portal_url within a CMF site.
 >
 > We have a framed site that puts a ZOPE CMF site in one frame when needed.
 > When the frame is first loaded all the links point to "mysite:8200" instead
 > of where the ZOPE instance is being run "mysite:8300". If I right click on
 > the zope frame and reload I get the correct links but loading it from
 > another frame breaks the link reference. Is there another way to get the
 > url?

That's really strange, as the server does not know whether the
request comes from a frame or not....

Are you sure, it is not a caching problem?

You recognize a (HTTP) caching problem by forcing a page
reload ("reload" maybe with "shift" key pressed)
and then everything is okay.

Dieter