[Zope] Macro question

pskipworth@touchcorp.com pskipworth@touchcorp.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:43:27 +1100

Hi,

I'm setting up a site that has a different Zope folder per section of
content. Each section has multiple pages but each page has a common menu
down the left hand side of the page.

I figured I would have one main template at the top level, and then a
'sub-template' within each folder that fills a 'menu' slot within the
main template. The subtemplate will have a 'content' slot which each
individual page will fill with content.

However, I tried setting this up, assuming the 'sub-template' would need
to be defined as a macro, as well as use-templating the main template.
Zope complains, however, that a page can't be both of these things!

Any ideas on how to do this 'properly' ?

Thanks,

PETER SKIPWORTH
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
TOUCHCORP LTD