[Zope] Yet another Zcatalog question--PrincipiaSearchSource

Mon, 17 Mar 2003 08:27:49 -0800

I have always created a SearchableTextWeighted method and corresponding
index.  Important textual metadata is printed multiple times, with body text
printed once.  It is a crude way to combine into a single buffer multiple
fields and weight some fields heavier than others (by repeating the field
values).  You could, using this mechanism take a news story lead and
headlines and print them multiple times, with the body of a story being
printed once, which makes searches weight those fields more for purposes of
relevancy.  This is a pretty decent hack, but is a hack nonetheless.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Muldrow [mailto:cmuldrow@fredericksburg.com]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 6:44 AM
To: Zope
Subject: [Zope] Yet another Zcatalog question--PrincipiaSearchSource

Right now we've got our main Catalog storing only information about a
Zclass, and it's only got one ZCTextindex--on PrincipiaSearchSource. I'd
like people to be able to search the title AND the PrincipiaSearchSource at
the same time--in other words, have both indexed. Is there a way to index
both in the same ZCTextIndex so I don't have to keep two text indexes and
combine searches into both? I'm thinking of trying to index some sort of
method inside the Zclass that combines the two, but I can't seem to figure
out what that method should look like--how do I say "concatenate title and
data into a single piece of data that can be indexed"?

And now to complicate things even more...
Say I want to mix it up a bit and include pictures in my search. Our
pictures have a property called Cutline that would need to be indexed. Could
we trick the Catalog into also indexing Cutline in the same TextIndex? Or am
I just talking crazy now?

Thanks--Chris