[Zope] DBTab product questions (more...)

Thierry FLORAC thierry.florac@onf.fr
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:37:37 +0100

On Tuesday 18 March 2003 19:00, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Thierry FLORAC wrote:
> >   Hi,
> >
> > I took a closer look at my DBTab product problems, and it seems that my
> > problem come from the fact that my mount points are not simple Folders,
> > but other custom classes, and it's that fact of generating the mount
> > points that creates custom "mounted" folders.
> >
> > So my new questions are quite simple : what can I do to :
> >  - create new classes that inherit from DBTab.MountedObject ?
> >  - determine which available mount points are available while creating
> > them, to be able to create them as MountedObject or not ?
> >  - find documentation about these functions...
> >
> > Thanks for any help or advise...
>
> You don't need to derive from MountedObject.  This email explains how to
> mount things other than folders:
>
> http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2003-March/018958.html

Hi,

Many thanks : I've read your mail and tried your method, and everything works
very well now !!!
I just have another little question : my old development database had a size
of 2.8 MB ; I've "extracted" my ZCatalog from it to a new ZODB, and tried to
pack the two databases : now, each of them has a size of nearly 2.1 or 2.5
MB, which if "far" more than the original database, so my question : why ??

And another one : does the fact of splitting a Zope site between several ZODBs
can have any impact (improvement or not) on the whole performances ??

Thanks,

  Thierry
--
  Linux every day, keeps Dr Watson away...
  http://gpc.sourceforge.net -- http://www.ulthar.net