[Zope] __replaceable__ doesn't make total sense

pieter claassen pieter@openauth.co.uk
19 Mar 2003 15:58:38 +0000

Hello All,

I don't understand why method__replaceable__ should suddenly allow a
method to be replaceable? I see Chris that you have asked the question
as well, but I still don't get it.
1. Why is there no method.__replaceable__(why the concatenation?)
2. Where is this behaviour documented in Zope.

While we are on the topic, I still have not succeeded at doing something
very simple. All I want to do is to include the result of a rendered
object in another object so that I can produce content somewhere in my
zope tree(this content might inherit some other content from higher in
the tree) and then include that content in a display somewhere else (in
a place where the original content cannot be acquired).

file1
<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-var menu> This var is aquired from my parent
<dtml-var standard _html_footer>

file2
<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-var expr="/path/top/file1/file1.index_html()">This file is not in
my acquisition tree and I just rendered its output for your convenience
wrapped in a new header and footer!
<dtml-var standard _html_footer>

At the moment, I get a key-error telling me that file1 cannot find the
<dtml-var menu> item so clearly it is not acquiring from its own tree.

Thanks,
Pieter
--
-----------------------------
Pieter Claassen

OpenAuth
Tel: 01344 390530
DDI: 01344 390630/390631
Fax number: 01344 390700
Mobile:  0776 665 6924

Highview House
Charles Square
Bracknell
Berkshire
RG12 1DF

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(i)The information contained in this email and attachments is only
intended for the addressed recipient(s) and may not be distributed or
viewed by any other party without the explicit consent of the sender. If
you have received this message by accident, please contact Pieter
Claassen (pieter@openauth.co.uk) and destroy any electronic or physical
copies of the information contained in it, immediately.
(ii)This email is not certified to be virus free and OpenAuth accepts no
liability for losses arising from you receiving this email.
(iii)Any digital signatures (if present) used to authenticate this
email, only serves to allow you to verify the originating email address
of the sender and should not be relied upon to prove identity or base
financial transactions on, unless the Certificate Practice Statement
that the signature references, explicitly states differently.
(iv)This email may be subjected to further terms and conditions as
published on the company website at http://www.openauth.co.uk. If you
need to rely on the information contained in this email in any way, then
you should read those terms and conditions to understand how much you
can trust the information in this email.
(v)OpenAuth retains the copyright on any relevant material that is
included in this email.