[Zope] RE: Error while adding LDAP user folder.

Josef Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:31:29 +0100

Hi again

> >Where can I get the latest python-ldap module? I have downloaded the
> >present files from http://www.zope.org/Members/barryp/win32_ldap. Is
> >there some other place from where I can get the latest? Please help.
> >Thank you.
> Sory, I don't know where you can get the latest windows compiled ldap
> module. You could perhaps download the source and install it in your
> python path (I don't know if this works because I use linux)

I just saw another detail in the page you mentioned:
http://www.zope.org/Members/barryp/win32_ldap

The author says:
"*** Sorry, I don't have a Win32 binary for py-ldap 2.0, and don't plan to
attempt to compile one ***"

and LDAPUserFolder uses python-ldap2.0.0pre1-4

So I guess you will have to use an old version of LDAPUserFolder, which
supports python-ldap 1.10a3 for your windows machine, or perhaps there is
somebody in the list willing to share a precompiled version for windows, or
there is something on the net.

I also found this link, they talk about using Cygwin:
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/1568/2002/1/0/7452037/

Regards,
Josef