[Zope] AWStats and ZCGI installation

Kristina Quimson Buenafe buenafe@virginia.edu
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:25:14 -0500

Just fixed the problem - I didn't realize that when I renamed it and set =
the
.conf files to open with WordPad to edit them, I should have just =
renamed it
awstats.myvirtualhostname because it had been
"awstats.cidac1.sys.virginia.edu.conf.conf" and that's why the file =
couldn't
be found.  Whoops!

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Withers [mailto:chrisw@nipltd.com]=20
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 5:30 AM
To: buenafe@virginia.edu
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] AWStats and ZCGI installation

Kristina Quimson Buenafe wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>=20
> I think it processes whatever log you specify in the=20
> awstats.myvirtualhostname.conf, and I guess ZCGI lets you do it from=20
> the ZMI to get real-time statistics?  I'm not really sure.

Hmmm, perhaps you could re-state the high level problem you're trying to
solve,=20
this seems like quite a contorted solution to whatever the problem is...

> Error: Couldn't open config file=20
> "awstats.cidac1.sys.virginia.edu.conf" nor "awstats.conf" : No such=20
> file or directory

Well, the problem is there pretty loud and clear ;-)
You need to find out why AWStats can't find its config file...

> See AWStats documentation in 'docs' directory for informations on how=20
> to setup awstats.

You could always try following this advice...

cheers,

Chris