[Zope] Boa constructor, starting zope

Wim Bekker wim@dv-rec.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:04:18 +0100

Hi,

I have an intranet running zope and Zwiki. I want to learn more about
programming in python, and extending my zwiki intranet.

For this I've installed Boa constructor. Now I've to get Zope running. I
have installed Python23 on my system. My Zope installation uses Python21.

When I start p2.py from Boa, or the command line which runs pythong23,
somewhere python21.dll called. I cannot figure out where exactly, but I
believe it has something to do with zlib. But when I use zlib from version
23 I get the same error. Here's how far I'm now:

I start Boa, run z2.py. This gives the error unable to find python21.dll.
This error also happens when I run z2.py from explorer (python23 loads and
runs it). In Boa, I get a Traceback: z2.py: import ZServer? ....
HTTPResponse?.py: import zlib,struct.

When I copy python21.dll to the path, I get an import error: module use of
python21.dll conflicts with this version of Python. (same traceback).

I definitely could use some help on how to get past this obstacle. Currently
I use Zope 2.6.0, python 2.1.3 (for Zope) and zwiki 0.11 on windows
platform.

Main question (for now), how do I run p2.py with the new python?

Wim