[Zope] Newbie: Simple Formatting floats in DTML

Ashley Lloyd ashleylloyd@hotmail.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:48:12 +0000

I know this is a very simple question, but after searching the zope site and
lists I still have not found an answer.

I need to format a great deal of floating point numbers for accountants to
read, so need them using thousands_commas and if they are negative, display
them in parentheses without the - sign.
eg 1004 = 1,004.00; -25436345.74 = (25,436,345.74)

I could write a python script to do this, but I thought there was probably a
parameter, similar to thousands_commas, (like negative_brackets, say) that
could to this for me.

Can anyone confirm this either way?

TIA
Ashley