[Zope] DBTab product questions (more...)

Mon, 24 Mar 2003 15:34:12 +0000

On Wednesday 19 March 2003 7:03 pm, sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:
> Performance-wise, wouldn't partitioning your storages have the _potential_
> to be a win if you were able to distribute transactions onto different
> ClientStorages on different dedicated ZSS nodes, assuming heavy usage?

In ZEO1 this limit was actually quite easy to reach with concurrent writes.
ZEO2 is better, perhaps 'good enough', but not as good as it could be. I
guess any future gains will come from making ZSS multi-threaded, and allow
the storage to process concurrent reads.

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson